Tulsa Divorce Attorney
Tulsa Divorce Information
Do I Need to Get an Oklahoma Qualified Domestic Relations Order for a Tulsa Divorce?

qualified domestic relations order OklahomaWhen you and your spouse get divorced or when your spouse owes you alimony or child support, your attorney may recommend you use a form called a qualified domestic relations order Oklahoma.

The form is often called a QDRO and pronounced “Quad-ro.”

A QDRO helps ensure you get the money the Tulsa family court has awarded to you, and even allows you to collect alimony.

FAQ: Qualified Domestic Relations Order Oklahoma

QDRO’s, in their most basic form, allow an ex-spouse or child support obligee to receive payment directly from the other party’s pension.

You especially need a qualified domestic relations order Oklahoma when you and your spouse have agreed to split his or her pension money as a part of your Tulsa divorce decree.

Even when such matters are outlined in the divorce decree, a QDRO is still required to effectuate this intention.

A qualified domestic relations order Oklahoma can also be used to collect arrears in child support or alimony, as well as current payments due.

Free Consultation: Tulsa Family Law Attorney

A qualified domestic relations order Oklahoma can be quite complicated, and usually requires an attorney to properly complete.

To find out more about QDRO’s in Oklahoma, call the Divorce Law Office of Tulsa at 918-924-5526. We offer free, no obligation consultations.

If you prefer, you may send your question using the “Ask the Lawyer” form on the right side of this page.